Emerald Ballet Theatre’s Summer Teaching Institute provides dancers with an introduction to the theoretical knowledge, teaching practicum experience, and mentoring needed to become a successful ballet teacher.
Teaching Institute Week (July):
Successful applicants will need to sign up for one week of Teaching Institute. Applicants will note their preference of dates and applicants will be assigned to a week according to their availability and space availability. A week of Teaching Institute will include: a 2-hour ballet class at EBA 4 days per week, 5 hours of Intensive C programming at EBA (one day), 6 hours of teaching at a Bellevue School District elementary school, and a 2-hour training and teaching methods class (see below). Total hours of programming is 21. Cost is $260.00 per week.
Training and Teaching Methods Class (June):
The training and teaching methods class will occur on Tuesday, June 6, at the studio.
Practicum Week (July):
Teaching Practicum Week is an opportunity to gain additional experience and further polish the teaching skills learned during Teaching Institute Week. Teaching Practicum will take place at a Bellevue School District elementary school, and dancers must provide their own transportation. Dancers who wish to apply for an extended teaching practicum must complete one week of Teaching Institute and must sign up for an additional week of Summer Intensive – Level C.
BENEFITS FOR STUDENT TEACHERS
- Develop a deeper understanding of dance. Through the exercise of teaching, student teachers must examine everything they know, break it down, and impart their knowledge to others.
- Gain teaching experience in a supportive environment with an experienced mentor. Practicum experience will be a 1:3 ratio between instructors and student teachers.
- Earn volunteer hours for school.
- After successful completion of the Teaching Institute, student teachers may be eligible for future volunteer positions at Emerald Ballet. High school juniors and seniors may be eligible for paid positions in our Ballerina Birthday Parties program, or offsite PreBallet classes.
- Build your resume for college and future dance endeavors.
Applicants must be entering 8th – 12th grade in Fall of 2016. Students should submit an application by May 18, 2016 to the Emerald Ballet Academy office (Attn: Christy Hanson).
Please email Office Administrator Christy Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The EBT premiere of Cipollino is coming June 4 and 5 at 2 p.m. This veggie tale of good versus evil is always in season! Tickets are $27.50 for adults, $23.50 for seniors and $16.50 for students. (Processing fees are included in the prices.)
We’re thrilled and honored to report that Emerald Ballet Academy has advanced to the final round of ParentMap’s annual Golden Teddy awards. Thank you so much for your support!
Wouldn’t it be cool for us to bring home the Teddy? Please vote for us in the Art, Dance, Theater and Music category.
Finalist voting ends on April 24, with winners announced on July 1.
Danil Zinovyev and Evan Ray won 1st and 2nd place, respectively, in the men’s Junior Classical division. McKenzie Wilson and Daniel Chernyavskiy placed in the Top 12 of the Pre-Competitive Classical category. Abigail Gamba placed in the Top 24 of the Junior Classical division.
We are so proud of all our dancers’ hard work, dedication and talent!
New York City, here we come ...
EBT’s Lezginka and Arachnotech ensembles were selected to compete at the YAGP finals in April. EBT soloist Danil Zinovyev also qualified to advance, and Daniel Chernyavskiy, Kaelyn Lefferts and McKenzie Wilson were chosen to participate in workshops at YAGP-NY. Kudos to all!
- No need to register again. We will hold your child’s spot in class unless you notify us by email that you would like to drop or change classes. You will receive an account statement by email. Please log into DanceWorks and pay before the start of the semester. Thank you!
- View our schedule here. Dancers must be 3+ to enroll in PreBallet.
- Middle and high school students should take a placement class on Tuesdays.
- Trial classes are free! Please arrive at least ten minutes before class begins and check in with our office staff. You can also email us in advance for more information.
- Registration is online. New families will need to set up an account here before they can request classes.
Bring on the smiles!
From Oct. 1-Nov. 30, help us fund our live orchestra and professional guest dancers at The Nutcracker. Donations to non-profit EBT are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law. We also have some terrific thank-you gifts for our donors. View here.
Thank you for your support!
EBT is partnering with Stanko Milov’s Global Organization for Arts & Leadership (GOAL) this year. Beginning in mid-January, our dancers (ages 6-19) can participate in GOAL workshops/rehearsals with Mr. Milov that culminate in performanes of Cinderella in late March.
Dancers of all ages, download the registration form here.
Auditon info. for ages 8+:
Meet EBA faculty and take a free trial class!