Calling all recreational and serious dancers! Registration is now open for our summer camps, classes and ballet intensives. Learn more about our wide array of programs on our website or download a brochure here:
Saturday PreBallet classes
Open Ballet & Pointe/Pre-Pointe
Flower Fairy Camp
Dance & Discovery Camp
Music Can Dance Musical Theater Camp
Ballet Intensive: Level A
Open Ballet & Pointe/Pre-Pointe
Music Can Dance Musical Theater Workshop
Ballet Intensive: Levels A, B & C
Teaching Institute for Teens
Be sure to register ONLine here and pay by May 15, 2017 to qualify for early-bird pricing (the price listed first).
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Our dancers did an outstanding job at the Seattle Semi-Finals of Youth America Grand Prix. We are so proud of their hard work and progress! Special congrats go to:
Daniel Chernyavskiy: Top 12 Classical
Elisa Munson: Top 12 Classical
Evan Ray: 3rd Place Men's Classical
McKenzie Wilson: Top 12 Classical
Danil Zinovyev: 1st Place Men's Classical, 2nd Place Men's Contemporary, 3rd Place Pas de Deux
Kaelyn Lefferts: 1st Place Contemporary, Top 12 Classical, 3rd Place Pas de Deux
The following dancers and ensembles have qualified to compete at the YAGP Finals in New York City, April 7-14:
• Danil Zinovyev - Soloist
• Kaelyn Lefferts & Danil Zinovyev - Duet "Letters"
• Sicilian Tarantella: Misha Carnes, Brittany Condel, Rowen Ekelmann, Kay Evans, Danica Hanson, Ryan Hong, Eirmioni Ilvanakis, Ruslana Korolov, Catherine Lirtsman, Elisa Munson, Audrey Oakes, Evan Ray, Grace Sigl, Lisa Slattery, Mckenzie Wilson, Angelique Wu, Ashley Wu
Stay in shape over Winter Break! Take our open classes for ages 12+ from 10:30 a.m.-noon. $15/day
- Tuesday-Thursday, Dec. 20, 21, 22
- Tuesday-Thursday, Dec. 27, 28, 29
Non-EBA students welcome. Because these classes are not part of our regular session, they cannot be used as make-ups. Please arrive 10 minutes early to register & pay.
DEC. 3 & 4: Featuring Danica Hanson as Little Clara, Taylor Ka as Big Clara, Kaelyn Lefferts as the Sugar Plum Fairy and Guest Artist Nukri Mamistvalov as her Cavalier
DEC. 10 & 11: Featuring Elle Popp as Little Clara, Taylor Ka as Big Clara, Chloe Heninger as the Sugar Plum Fairy and Guest Artist Nukri Mamistvalov as her Cavalier
We’re happy to announce that, after some delays, the photos from this June’s performance of "Cipollino" have finally been posted.
For the next two weeks, use coupon code cip2016 to get yourself a nice 20% off your entire order.
P.S. You can also use that code to get 20% off any previous EBT performance as well.
EBA’s very own Annie Charvat is a YAGP Top 10 Model Search Finalist.
Show your support by voting for Annie by September 5th!
Emerald Ballet Theatre’s Summer Teaching Institute provides dancers with an introduction to the theoretical knowledge, teaching practicum experience, and mentoring needed to become a successful ballet teacher.
Teaching Institute Week (July):
Successful applicants will need to sign up for one week of Teaching Institute. Applicants will note their preference of dates and applicants will be assigned to a week according to their availability and space availability. A week of Teaching Institute will include: a 2-hour ballet class at EBA 4 days per week, 5 hours of Intensive C programming at EBA (one day), 6 hours of teaching at a Bellevue School District elementary school, and a 2-hour training and teaching methods class (see below). Total hours of programming is 21. Cost is $260.00 per week.
Training and Teaching Methods Class (June):
The training and teaching methods class will occur on Tuesday, June 6, at the studio.
Practicum Week (July):
Teaching Practicum Week is an opportunity to gain additional experience and further polish the teaching skills learned during Teaching Institute Week. Teaching Practicum will take place at a Bellevue School District elementary school, and dancers must provide their own transportation. Dancers who wish to apply for an extended teaching practicum must complete one week of Teaching Institute and must sign up for an additional week of Summer Intensive – Level C.
BENEFITS FOR STUDENT TEACHERS
- Develop a deeper understanding of dance. Through the exercise of teaching, student teachers must examine everything they know, break it down, and impart their knowledge to others.
- Gain teaching experience in a supportive environment with an experienced mentor. Practicum experience will be a 1:3 ratio between instructors and student teachers.
- Earn volunteer hours for school.
- After successful completion of the Teaching Institute, student teachers may be eligible for future volunteer positions at Emerald Ballet. High school juniors and seniors may be eligible for paid positions in our Ballerina Birthday Parties program, or offsite PreBallet classes.
- Build your resume for college and future dance endeavors.
Applicants must be entering 8th – 12th grade in Fall of 2016. Students should submit an application by May 18, 2016 to the Emerald Ballet Academy office (Attn: Christy Hanson).
Please email Office Administrator Christy Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.