Registration for fall classes is now open! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Our esteemed Russian and American faculty teach classes in ballet technique (Vaganova and neo-classical styles), pointe, character, modern, partnering (by invitation) and stretching, with unique opportunities for boys as well as exceptional (special-needs) students. Students must be 3+ to enroll in PreBallet.
New this year! Dance with Me class for child & caregiver (scroll down for details), and Power Pilates for teens and adults.
We are still registering for our Summer camps, classes and ballet intensives. Learn more here.
Emerald Ballet Academy welcomes every child who wants to dance. Level placement is based on age, ability, maturity, and number of classes taken per week.
Starting in sixth grade, new students need to take a placement class to ensure they register at the correct level.
- Middle school students: Tuesdays 5:15-6:45 p.m.
- High school students: Tuesdays 6:45-8:15 p.m.
Trial classes are free. Please arrive ten minutes before class begins and check in with our office staff. You do NOT need to register in our system before taking a trial class.
Note: Because we offer classes to students with differing dance goals and abilities, our levels don’t follow a strict progression and students will not pass through each level as they progress. Entrance to our vigorous and accelerated B levels is by teacher invitation only. Read more about our curriculum here.
opportunities for BOYS
Boys are welcome in every EBA class. We also offer two boys-only options and a pas de deux class:
- Sponsored by EBT! FREE Bounding Boys/Repertoire with Ms. Sarah on Thursdays from 5:30-6:00 p.m. A great way to try out dance in a boys-only, athletic, creative environment. Boys learn repertoire for stage and have the option to perform.
- Classical Ballet class for ages 7+ with Mr. Roman on Fridays from 5:00-6:30 p.m. In addition to classical ballet technique, class includes folk dance traditions from around the world that showcase the jumps, turns, acrobatics, and athleticism that men are known for.
- Partnering class for ages 12+ with Mr. Roman on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00 p.m. Boys learn fundamentals of classical partnering of girls on pointe. Invited boys are matched with a female partner based on their size, strength, and experience. Note: Boys do not need to be EBA students to participate, but an audition/interview is required to determine readiness and be assigned an appropriate partner. Please inquire.
EBA is so proud of our wonderful group of talented and enthusiastic boys. We strive to create supportive cohorts for boys of every age pre-school through pre-professional. Performance in EBT productions is optional. Ballet master Mr. Roman also offers private coaching for boys.
Emerald Ballet Academy offers opportunities for exceptional dancers to join our regular classes on a case-by-case basis. Children with special needs (physical or developmental) can develop spatial awareness, increased mobility, listening skills, creative expression, and social interaction with peers. Performance in EBT productions is optional.
Did you know? EBT was featured in a ParentMap article about the benefits of art therapy. Read it here.
DANCE WITH ME
For ages 2-3 with parent or caretaker
Toddlers will dance with their guardian in a fun and musical environment, exploring concepts like balance, creative movement, rhythm and music. A wonderful introduction to dance, and great opportunity to enhance listening skills and follow directions.