2017 Summer Programs
BALLET Intensives | PreBallet & Ballet Classes | THEMATIC ART, MUSIC & DANCE Camps
Come dance with us! We offer a variety of programs with flexible scheduling to suit both serious and recreational dancers. All camps and classes are taught by professional faculty in a conservatory atmosphere. Our ballet intensives – designed to build strong and versatile dancers – take serious students from Broadway to Balanchine. Guest teachers to be announced throughout intensives.
DOWNLOAD OUR BROCHURES, OR READ ON FOR MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION:
There is a $20 registration fee for new students. Classes are subject to change or cancellation based on enrollment. $50 processing fee for withdrawals. No refunds given within one week of class/camp start. We try to accommodate walk-in students for camps and ballet intensives, but due to maximum class sizes, we cannot guarantee enrollment. Please register by the prior Friday in order to avoid disappointment!
PreBallet (Ages 3-7)
Dancers can try one class or take them all! A joyful introduction to music and movement. Saturdays only.
- PreBallet 1 (ages 3-5): June 24-August 19, 9:00-10:00 ($180 or $20/day)
- PreBallet 2/3 (ages 5-7): June 24-August 19, 10:00-11:00 ($180 or $20/day)
BALLET & POINTE/PRE-POINTE (AGES 10+)
Dancers can try one class or take them all! A great opportunity for new students to sample our studio. Please note that pointe is only for students with at least one full year of pointe experience. For the safety of our dancers, beginning pointe students should take the pointe class on flat.
- June 19-23, 4:00-6:00 ($150 or $30/day)
- June 26-June 30, 4:00-6:00 ($150 or $30/day)
- July 3, 5-7, 10:00-12:00 ($120 or $30/day)
- August 14-18, 10:00-12:00 ($150 or $30/day)
Flower Fairy Camp (ages 3.5*-7)
DANCE | ART
- July 10-13, 9:30-12:00 ($180)
- July 24-27, 9:30-12:00 ($180)
In this four-day camp inspired by flowers and fairies from classical ballets and nature, time is split equally between dance and art. Participants are grouped by age, and enjoy dance, art, crafts, friendship, costumes, music and storytelling. The camp culminates in an informal performance and gallery of student artwork on Thursday at the studio. Price includes all materials.
*Spots for 3.5 year-olds are limited to 5 per session.
MUSIC CAN DANCE – MUSICAL THEATER CAMP (AGES 7+)
MUSIC | VOICE TRAINING | ACTING | DANCING
- July 17-21, 1:00-4:00 ($250)
- With Dance & Discovery, 9:00-4:00 ($525)
This fun camp includes music, voice training, acting and dancing for musical theatre staging. Participants are divided into groups by age. Includes informal performance of excerpts from "Beauty and the Beast" (ages 7-11) or "Oklahoma/Agnes DeMille" (ages 12+) on Friday at the studio from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Faculty includes EBA instructors, music director Judy Huehn, San Francisco Conservatory of Music, and Arianna Haindfield, Lake Washington School District Choir Director.
Dance & DISCOVERY CAMP (ages 7-11)
BALLET | ART | DANCE SAMPLER
- July 17-21, 9:00-12:30 ($290)
- With Music Can Dance, 9:00-4:00 ($525)
This five-day camp includes a daily one one-hour ballet class, one-hour art class, plus a sampling of other dance genres throughout the week. Participants are grouped by age. Art projects relate to the theme of this year’s camp – Fairytales – and explore costuming, props, face painting / character make-up and set design. Price includes all materials. Students can take both Dance & Discovery Camp and Music Can Dance for a full day of integrated enchantment.
Experienced dancers delve into their craft while increasing strength, flexibility, stamina, technique and artistry! At the heart of EBA’s ballet intensives are daily ballet technique and pointe/pre-pointe classes to build a strong classical foundation. In addition, students are exposed to new genres through enrichment classes such as character, modern, contemporary and stretching/conditioning. Older students also enjoy guest instructors and workshops related to different weekly themes.
Taking a minimum of three weeks of intensive is required for participation in YAGP ensembles during EBT’s 2017-18 season. Weeks 6 and 7 will be when ensembles are cast and choreographed. Dancers can choose any other full intensive weeks in addition to classical YAGP weeks to meet the requirement.
JULY 10-August 11 (AGES 9+)
THREE LEVELS | FIVE WEEKS | DAILY TECHNIQUE | ENRICHMENT CLASSES | WEEKLY THEMES | EBA FACULTY & GUEST INSTRUCTORS
>> Level A: ages 9-11 with 0-1 years pointe
- July 10-14, 12:30-3:30 ($225)
- July 24-28, 12:30-3:30 ($225)
- July 31-August 4, 12:30-3:30 ($225)
>> Level B: AGES 12-14 with 1-3 years pointe
- July 10-14, 12:30-4:30: Contemporary with Daniel Wilkins ($300)
- July 17-21, 12:30-4:30: Musical theater with Judy Huehn & Arianna Haindfield ($300)
- July 24-28, 12:30-4:30: Classical and YAGP; Gary Lewis ($300)
- July 31-August 4, 12:30-4:30: Classical and YAGP ($300)
Level B dancers may register for August 7-11 Level C intensive if they take three other weeks.
>> Level C: AGES 14+ with 3-4+ years pointe
- July 10-14, 9:30-2:30: Contemporary with Daniel Wilkins ($375)
- July 17-21, 9:30-2:30: Musical theater with Judy Huehn & Arianna Haindfield ($375)
- July 24-28, 9:30-2:30: Classical and YAGP; Gary Lewis ($375)
- July 31-August 4, 9:30-2:30: Classical and YAGP ($375)
- August 7-11, 10:00-2:00: Balanchine Rep with Caitlin Cooney ($300)
summer teaching institute: JULY 24 - August 4 (8th-12th grade)
In addition to workshops on teaching methods, Teaching Institute participants will have the opportunity to get volunteer hours for school by practicing their newly-acquired teaching skills at a summer camp during the last week of July or first week of August.
All programming subject to change.